got a new computer, want to transfer data from this computer to the new one i proceeded to sync up - created an account (on this computer not the new one) the new computer is asking for the code number from this computer but i am not able to find that - it wants the code number from the new computer - why can't i go back to the beginning - why do i have to write this in a question instead of getting to a person? at 2 in the morning - where am i going to get an answer?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hello - sorry to hear that Firefox Sync is being awkward. It sound like you're at the stage of entering the 12-character 'setup code'. If you have an already set-up Sync account on your old PC, what's suppose to happen is that you:
- Do 'Set up sync' on your new PC
- The new PC gives you a 12-character code to enter on your old PC
- On the old PC, you open the Options window (usually from the Firefox menu), go to the Sync section and click the Pair a Device link.
- You should see the window to enter the code from your new PC.
You can find more detail, with screen-shots, at [http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/a.../add-a-device-to-firefox-sync].
Hope that helps!
Hi, I use Transfer FireFox data. But this soft coast is 6.95 USD.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.