Something called Deal Cabby has invaded every web page I open. It underlines and highlights random words, and if you move your cursor over the word a pop up ad comes up. I've run all sorts of virus and malware software and it does not show up. Nothing seems to get rid of it.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
This is how I removed DealCabby: Disabling DealCabby from Firefox: In the top menu, go to Tools > Add-ons > Select the DealCabby Toolbar logo > click Enable or Disable.
I found this info by going to: http://www.dealcabby.com/uninstall.php it is a safe page, with info on how to remove it. Many people have it on chrome, and with them was as simple as removing the extension.
I had the same problem, but I don't have DealCabby installed.
- In Tools -> Options -> Content I unchecked the Firefox "Load Images Automatically". - The text was still highlighted, but displayed the word "CouponDropDown". - I correlated "Dropdown" with a program I installed called "DropBox". - I uninstalled "DropBox". - The problem went away. - In Tools -> Options -> Content I re-checked the Firefox "Load Images Automatically". - Problem is still gone.
Maybe DropBox can be installed without that feature. I don't know.
Zeus Of Coarsegold
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.