Blank tab position: How can I make new (CTRL+T) tabs open on the left instead of far right?
When I open a new tab (new, blank tab, from a link), it opens on the far right of the tab bar. This doesn't work for me because when I open a new tab, I use it immediately, so I would like it to be appear adjacent to the tab I'm currently using. I've scoured support and forums without finding a way to change the position of new tabs.
NOTE: When I say "new tab," I am mean NEW tabs - the kind that contain the new tab page, created using CTRL+T or File->New Tab not tabs opened from links. I am emphasizing this point because I have found plenty of questions and answers about how to make links opened in a new tab open on the far right or next to the current tab by changing the value in browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent in about:config.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19932
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.520
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Thanks for taking the time to respond, jscher2000. I thought I had Tab Mix Plus installed already, but I was wrong. I installed it and I am very happily opening tabs where I want them now.