Problems uploading pictures on eBay's website since Firefox upgrade to 16.0
I sell on eBay and like using Firefox, however since the upgrade to 16.0, I am not able to upload photos to the eBay site for my listings. They start to upload and it says that they are, but the process doesn't complete. Lots of other Firefox users and eBay sellers have been having the same problem. The response relating to this problem has been to say that it is a problem with the new version of Firefox. Is it a Firefox problem, and if so, when should it be resolved as I would like to continue using Firefox. Thank you for your help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I'm having the same issue under Fedora 17. Apparently updating Firefox from 15.0.1 to 16.0.1 via Yum Update introduced this problem. Using v15 under Fedora 17, I can upload to eBay (same photos, same item).
hello, bug #775879 offers some background into the issue - essentially the breakdown of the ebay photo uploader is a by-product of a security relevant fix that landed in firefox 16. ebay is already aware of the issue & hopefully they are working on implementing changes in their code to solve the issue.