I have some problems with some sites since a few days
Hello, i need some help please the problem is when i click on the chat of facebook or on message, friend and notification logo, it shows nothing, and it's the same problem when i try to upload a file in a storage site (med..fire) after selecting a file when i click on upload nothing happens, it also doesn't work with private navigation. I usually resolve my problems with no or just some searches, but know i don't see to resolve this, just a few days ago all works perfectly!. PS : this problem seems to disappear on firefox 3 but not on 10,15 and 16. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Plugin NPAPI Ma-Config.com # win # 188.8.131.52
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can try to update the plugins via Tools (Alt + T) > Add-ons > Plugins, Check to see if your plugins are up to date (on top).
If the problem persists, you can try to Reset Firefox, and then Disable any default Extensions in Tools > Add-ons, as well as all the Plugins except Flash and Java and check.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!