In my gmail (note, it happens on other webpages, but since this is very common website, chose it for example) I cannot see inside the button that says "refresh" or "settings". Also, when trying to do chat, I cannot see any icons.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Make sure that you allow pages to choose their colors and that you haven't enabled High Contrast in the Accessibility settings.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Already checked - [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above
I only have the default theme. It is 15.0.1 I will try safe mode, but cannot imagine it will help because this i my work computer. I have practically nothing installed on it. In fact I only have 3 plugins installed and all are working fine. I will go ahead and restart in safe mode, but if I do not reply then it did not work.
Did you check the Windows Accessibility settings?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
I am using a Chinese system and cannot find the Windows Accessibility settings. ugh.
Anywhere here is a picture of my problem.
If images are missing then check that you aren't blocking images from some domains.
- Check the permissions for the domain in the current tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
- Check that images are enabled: Tools > Options > Content: [X] Load images automatically
- Check the exceptions in "Tools > Options > Content: Load Images > Exceptions"
- Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images with the cursor Down key).
If an image in the list is grayed and there is a check-mark in the box "Block Images from..." then remove that mark to unblock the images from that domain.
Make sure that you do not block third-party images, the permissions.default.image pref should be 1.
There are also extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and security software (firewall, anti-virus) that can block images.
Everything looked ok except.....
Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images with the cursor Down key).
The ones I could not see.... https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/zippy/arrow_right.png Type: Background Size: Unknown (not cached) Dimensions 0px x 0px <------------that is a problem. I could not see anything in Media Preview.
However, things like https://mail.google.com/mail/pimages/2/arrow_down_tlp.png I could see in the media preview.
I have the same problem while I am using Firefox. (When I am using other browser such as Google chrome or Waterfox I don't have this problem). I cannot see any button of gmail like archive, setting ,notifications ,chat list icons and ... .
I have installed Firefox a couple of hours ago and there is no add-on installed. All setting in my Firefox are default and I didn't change any of them.
I cheeked all above but my problem did not solved. For more information I am using Windows 7 64 bit operating system and Firefox 16.0.1( Last version).
Please help Thanks a lot
I've had the same problem for quite some time. Have checked all my settings, and restarting with add-ons disabled doesn't help. I'm currently using Waterfox 18.0.1 with 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, but like I said, I've had this problem for months and months. Occasionally, clearing my cache and reloading the page will solve the problem, but most of the time it won't. I can almost always right-click the image and view it, but many, many images just won't show up embedded in the page.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.