customized top sites in private browsing
since the update to 16.1 the extreme awesome functionality of customized top sites in the new tab window isn't working as it did in version 15.x.
The problem is that the customized top sites aren't available in private browsing mode. This option was one of the best features of firefox 15.
Please fix this as soon as possible.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2063
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
The new tab page still exists if you manually type about:newtab in the address bar. You could bookmark it for faster access. But I don't know whether you can make it appear when opening a new tab in Private Browsing. Perhaps someone else has an idea for how to do that.
You can middle-click a bookmark with the about:newtab page to open the about:newtab in a new tab or set that page as the home page and middle-click the home button on the Navigation Toolbar.