I keep getting messages to update my mozilla firefox but I thought I updated automatically what do I do?
When I log into personal credit card accounts and other websites it tells me I am running an outdated version of mozilla.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) FBSMTWB
I tried to check what version I have but not sure how to do that but I get the message from mozilla firefox that my computer updates automatically.
You have a corrupted User Agent, which is probably why the websites are telling you to update. Follow the Steps listed at http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/websites-say-firefox-outdated-or-incompatible. After doing that, ensure that you are fully updated. Update Firefox to the latest version
Thanks Tyler but I give up. I'll wait until my nephew, who knows about computers, comes by this weekend. I tried going into about:config but it just didn't work. Thanks anyway.
Can you post the content of the Help > Troubleshooting Information page (preferences section)?
You can use the search bar at the top of the about:config page to find the general.useragent.override pref as this one is the most likely candidate and reset this pref and maybe other user set (bold) general.useragent prefs to the default via the right-click context menu (Reset).