downloaded new version of Java but doubled clicked on it and it will not install, message says i need to open it with an application and wants me to choose one.
firefox disabled my version of java, i went to the free download site to get the newest version, clicked on download then doubled click on it in the download list, this should have started the intallation but instead i got a message saying i needed an application to open the link and wanted me to choose an app. Install box did not come up as it has with other downloads. I do not want to open it i want to install it.
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Where did you download the java?
Download it from here https://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp