In the Profile folder I don't see passwords, how do I find them?
I am looking for saved passwords for various sites like emails etc. I do not see it in the Profile folder in under the security tab in Firefox Options.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
You may have a corrupted user agent (corrupted by Fast Browser Search) that identifies you as Firefox/3.6.4
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Firefox store the encrypted names and passwords in the signons.sqlite file in the Firefox Profile Folder.
The key3.db file that stores the encryption key is also required to access the encrypted names and passwords.
Problems with either file will cause the passwords to disappear in the password manager.
Modified by cor-el