I have Firefox 15.0.1 but Gmail keeps telling me it is out of date & I need to upgrade to a modern browser.
I have a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.7.5. My Gmail inbox is my home page, and every time it opens it says that my version of Firefox is outdated and that I should update to a "modern" browser. I have 15.0.1, so I am puzzled as to why this happens. Thanks!
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23 FBSMTWB
You have a corrupted user agent that identifies you as Firefox/3.6.23 on a PPC Mac OS X 10.4
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23 FBSMTWB
Thank you so much! This has been a long-term annoyance that is now resolved, thanks to you generous souls.... Much appreciated.