Am using v15.0.1 There are no "import" choices in either "File" or "Bookmark/All Bookmarks" lists. Am trying import bookmarks from latest update of Safari.
The latest update of Safari is locking up after the 2nd click anywhere on it. I want to copy my Safari bookmarks to Firefox. Since Safari is not available, I have to do it from within Firefox. But when I go to the places ("File" and "Bookmarks") where I'm supposed to be able to find import options, there are none. They're not even in the lists.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
try from Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks (to open the Library window) > Import and Backup > Import Data from Another Browser .
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
Thanks, but you'll note that I mentioned in my original note that there is no "Import and Backup" item in that list, just as there is no "Import" under File.
Under All Bookmarks are: ?Bookmarks Toolbar (folder) >>Most visited (sub folder)
>Bookmarks Menu (folder):
>>Recently bookmarked (sub folder) >>Recent Tags (subfolder) >>Mozilla Firefox (subfolder)
See attached photo.
Click the "gear" button.
Thank you very much! For future new users, you might want to explain which is the "gear" button. I just checked them all until I found the right listing.
The third (like "star") button is the Import & Backup button that allows to backup and restore a JSON backup and import and export an HTML backup and import bookmarks from other browsers.
Modified by ideato