PayPal login for addons.mozilla.org donations not working
1. Clear cookies and cache.
2. Restart Firefox normally or in Safe Mode
3. Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashblock/ and click the "Contribute" button 4. The "Make a Contribution" dialog appears. Click the "Make Contribution" button.
5. The "Log in to your PayPal account to complete this purchase" dialog appears. Click the "Log In" button.
6. The "Log in to your PayPal account" dialog appears. Enter e-mail address and password, and click the "Log In" button.
7. The login dialog reappears with the error "Please make sure you enter your e-mail address and password correctly."
Same error after retrying several times, carefully checking e-mail and password. If I successfully log in to PayPal in another tab through www.paypal.com, and try the donation again through addons.mozilla.org, I'm still prompted to login.
This is occuring with an Australian PayPal account which has SMS authentication enabled. I vaguely recall having the same issue when trying to make a donation a few months ago, and either gave up or donated through the developer's own site, without reporting the issue.
Modified by chriscross
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1