How to uninstall/remove funmmods
I have uninstalled funmoods through uninstaller softeare but the funmoods ad is still showing. How can I stop this?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- Intel Indeo® video 5.1 PD Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
You can disable funmoodes opening menu Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions selecting the Funmoodes toolbar and click at disable button. .
Modified by eliezerb
funmood is a browser hijacker , a pup potentially unwanted programme. Merely by deleting the searches and deleting funmood entries does not solve this problem as the tool bar changes the master boot record. The solution is Hi, it is a case of browser hijack when you downloaded some software. The best way is to boot your computer in safe mode, pressing f8 and then select when you boot and then go to start, then run and type "regedit", go to edit menu , and then to find menu and find for funmood *.* and then "escort"*.* and delete all the entries by choosing f3 key, to find another and so on , connected with funmood. It is also possible that the tool bar have entries in the master boot record. So , go to START, Computer, right click the properties and turn off system restore. Have the installation cd, and when prompt from cd comes enter to boot installation cd, and then when windows show start windows screen, select R for repairing and then enter 1 and password to go to c:\windows. Type FIXMBR to fix the unwanted entries other than the windows default mbr entries. Select yes if a warning message comes and then exit. Your problem would be getting solved. If you download, download from major geek instead of usual free download sites, which are carriers for these browser hijackers. Thank you and reply if the problem is solved. I used these methods to get rid of funmoods, blekko , incredible and babylon tool bars This should work for you RSVP
Modified by jraju
If you are not a trained professional be careful with going into the registry and Master boot Record (as outlined in the above answer) as it can be quite dangerous. I would rather try something like the below solutions, it might be a bit easier and you don't run the risk of permanently damaging your Windows Installation or losing Data.
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
- Click Start
- Then click Control Panel
- Then find the Add or Remove Programs (Or Uninstall a Program)
- Find any programs with the same name as the issue you are trying to fix (Babylon, funmoods, etc.)
- Uninstall them.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Sir, I do not thing I have given some wrong procedure as claimed by Tyler downer. I have gone through extensively to write this answer. If mbr is affected, restoring the windows mbr default proved to be the best solution. You need not be an computer expert to do that. Nothing will happen if anybody tries to reset to the default mbr. Normally the threats are inserted to mbr, so that you could not remove, these kind of browser hijackers in the first place. Secondly, some may try to change your hosts file. The solution will work without anyfurther damage to the computer. Thanks for the remarks.
jraju's reply is perfect is very helpful
Hi, Thanks brownwicky . If it solves, i thank the funmoods first. If it has not hijacked my browser, i could not have attempted theses things. Mcafee virus data base also helped me to give this answer. I would request the firefox to give the signs of trespassing of these browser hijackers by giving an alert that the browser is being hijacked or some kind of warning boxes. The secure download site to me is always and ever will be major geeks.