How do I set up a "HOME" bookmark and Icon on the menu bar?
Coming from an IE environment where it was EASY to include links on the menu bar, I'm having problems returning to my HOME PAGE. I cannot find the information to create this option on my toolbar. I would prfer creating specific icons fro common links.
Additional System Details
- WordCaptureX component for single click dictionary
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1689
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
hello fadbel, if you're new to firefox i'd recommend the following article which showcases the basics of firefox: Get started with Firefox - An overview of the main features
per default there should already be a homepage icon in the right side of the firefox navigation bar. you can set the homepage that opens when you click on the home icon in the firefox options and customize the location of the home-icon. if you want quick access to specific sites you can best achieve that by creating bookmarks for them on the bookmarks toolbar.
I can't figure this out either. I read the directions you linked to but the homepage icon is not shown as an option for adding an icon to the toolbar and I can't seem to just click and move the icon from the right side of the browser to the left, which is where I'm trying to put it.
What am I missing?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
If the menu bar is hidden then press the F10 key or hold down the Alt key to make the menu bar appear.
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- "View > Toolbars"
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file if the above didn't help.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
Thanks, I was making it harder than it was. Just had to click and drag the home icon back onto the customize tool page and than put it where I wanted it.