Tabs won't close
It seems so far that it only happens with the first tab when you first open the window. I'm wondering also if it's a linux only problem, because I have firefox on my windows 7 laptop and it has nothing wrong with it but on my laptop running Ubuntu 12.04 with all the latest updates and no add-ons it seems to happen all the time. At this point I expect it to happen but it shouldn't do this I know Mozilla didn't purposelly make the first tab broken. I wana know if Mozilla maybe in a few updates will ever fix it.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Do you mean that you can't close the first tab if you've opened extra tabs?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
I don't have any extensions, add-ons, or hardware acceleration. Even after I've opened a new tab the first one won't close.
I'v noticed that when I use FireFox bookmark shortcuts, for example gt is on my Firefox short for google translate, after that I can't close that tab (gt), also one tab created after gt can't close.