Firefox forces me to "choose user profile" and create a new one everytime I open it on my imac 10.5.8
Everytime I open firefox a screen pops up asking me to choose a user profile. I then have to create a new profile every time I want to use firefox. I've tried deleting and reinstalling firefox but that hasn't helped.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Version 188.8.131.5217
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.16
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 184.108.40.206
- Netscape plug-in that plays Rhapsody content
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
This can be a problem with the profiles.ini file.
Try to delete the profiles.ini file to force Firefox to create a new default profile.
If you have more than one profile folder then remove them all after you've recovered needed data form older profiles.
Please Update to the latest Firefox 15.0.1 version.
- Help > About Firefox