How do I prevent tabs opening in a different window?
perhaps 3 or 4 times a day, when I click on a tab, it opens in a new window. I think I may be accidentally dragging it, but I never want it to do this - I'd rather right click and select the option if I ever do.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- HD View 184.108.40.206 Mozilla plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Note that I've never successfully been able to do it on purpose, only by accident :(
Try this extension:
bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab):
Thanks for the suggestion! I won't know if this is successful for a while as I've never managed to get the feature to work intentionally when I've tried it, only accidentally!
I think it lies in the realm of 3+ finger gestures which I can never remember as they have so little relation to real physical actions...