This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
see similar shopping
so when i am shopping and i hover the mouse over a image of a product it will come up with something that says "see similar" and will proceed to load just below with some of the products, this is only on some shopping sites, but is its the most annoying feature ever, is there anyway to turn it off. I;m unsure if it is a add-on, however none of them having anything to do with shopping (ad block, greecemonkey (one script using) stylish (again one a cosmetic look of the right click script) skype plug in and imarcos (no macros being used)
All Replies (2)
Sometimes add-on names do not reveal their full character...
A standard diagnostic to bypass interference by extensions (and some custom settings) is to try Firefox's Safe Mode.
First, I recommend backing up your Firefox settings in case something goes wrong. See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles. (You can copy your entire Firefox profile folder somewhere outside of the Mozilla folder.)
Next, restart Firefox in Firefox's Safe Mode (Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode) using
Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
In the dialog, click "Start in Safe Mode."
To further disable add-ons, you can turn off plugins here (I would leave Flash enabled):
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Plugins category
You can also do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked