The automatic hyperlink creation is in Firefox 7.0.1 is no longer working in Yahoo Mail. It has worked for 10+years, but just quit recently. How do I fix it?
I have windows XP. It has always automatically become a hyperlink when I hit the space bar after typing it out. I know about the icon in the toolbar that lets me make one, but I don't want to have to do this since I never had to before. I want to make it work automatically again.
Additional System Details
This started when...
About a month ago
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Picasa plugin
- Abacast Netscape Plugin
- Abacast Firefox Plugin
- ArcGIS Explorer Netscape browser plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
First, you are running Firefox 7, which is EXTREMELY Old and Insecure, which not only leaves you open to many known bugs, but to dozens of known security issues which can be exploited to compromise your personal data.
So, your first step is going to be to upgrade to Firefox 15.0.1. Update Firefox to the latest version.
After that, does Yahoo Work properly?