how can I transfer user names and passwords from IE to firefox
I have many Favorites saved on IE which I have successfully transferred to Firefox. However, I need to also have the User Names and Passwords for these Favorites transferred as well. How can I do that?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
If you want the Usernames and Passwords imported to Firefox from IE, simply go to Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Import Data from Another browser > Select "Microsoft Internet Explorer" > Click "Next" > Check what you want to import > Click "Next".
It should automatically import what you need after that.
I've just tried this. There is no 'Import&Backup' option under Bookmarks. Also, surely such a procedure wouldn't be able to access my Norton Vault? SOS please - I'm desperate to make Firefox my default but I have 78 log-in/passwords!
You need to open the Bookmarks and History Manager (Library) to see the toolbar with that choice.
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks
- History > Show All History
Hello, cor-el. I now have all my bookmarks - thanks - but the passwords didn't transfer, presumably because they're in the Norton Safe