when I open Firefox i just get the crash reporter and not the browser.
Additional System Details
Crash ID: bp-5b733c21-b747-4400-9b62-c36782120916
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1
hello, it looks like a library called sprotector.dll (which usually resides in %PROGRAMFILES%\SProtector\) is triggering the crashes. do you know of which program it's a part of? this crash is currently investigated in bug #785940.
Looks like a problem with the sprotector.dll C:\Program Files\SProtector\sprotector.dll
Not sure if this is a legit program or malware:
- bug 785940 - Firefox startup crash in _open with SProtector.dll (Safend Protector or Sophos SafeGuard?)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked