When I open a new tab I get the following error message: Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Users/Tanisha/AppData/Local/TNT2/18.104.22.1688/pinnedSearch.htm."
I can still browse websites, but I want to know what is causing this error message.
Thank you madperson for this advice. Before I was able to try I uninstalled Mozilla deleting all my information and this solved the problem. Thanks for trying to help me.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
A few days ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- TelevisionFanatic Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
hello tanisha625, it looks like some program has overwritten the default new tab page. you can either install the searchreset addon to get rid of the problem or manually reset the page that opens on each new tab.
enter about:config into the firefox location bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up), search for the preference named browser.newtab.url and double-click & change its value to about:newtab.
Thank you madperson for this advice. Before I was able to try I uninstalled Mozilla deleting all my information and this solved the problem. Thanks for trying to help me.