How to import /export bookmarks in Firefox for Mac
I wanted to export my bookmarks in Firefox for Mac, in htm or pdf format. Cant find any command for that. Nor any import from htm or pdf. Nor can I list all my bookmarks aplhabetically ; I have lots of bookmarks in different folders and I want to see all these bookmarks listed with no folders.
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Version 188.8.131.5282
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Version 184.108.40.20600
- Glims Plug-in for Safari
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Net iD Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Nexus Plugin, providing authentication and signing features
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
In Firefox for OS X, you can export your Bookmarks to HTML via the Bookmarks dialouge window.
Open your Bookmarks dialouge via the Menu bar: Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks.
When the new window has opened, this is what you can do to export your Bookmarks: https://support.mozilla.org/media/uploads/images/2012-09-16-05-44-02-10bc19.png (or view the image attachment).
I do not have that option ; FFox 15.0.1;
Please look at this article which explains the process in detail: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer
I also run version 15.0.1 under OS X, same as you do, and I can do it.
OK, I found it. No wonder I had prolems finding it since it is not a user friendly (or intuitive) place to find that. And still, listing the bookmarks alphabetically or sorting by the folder are still not possible ?