This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Automatically Opening New Tab with advertisement website
This advertisement irritate me lot when i focus on my work then suddenly this website (ads.alpha00001.com/cgi-bin/advert/getads.cgi?did=1400&pid=13733&resid=1668749976&srv=tuto4pc_in_1&oc4aid2=opt5oZXdjZVfoGo4jzF5o1eAoGa2lGoRkzu6jeldlGbUupu1jZwZuZeEum51kpe1ka%3D%3D) redirect my url in new tab automatically and open a new advertisement every time .I try to remove it but i can't find any solution of this problem. I Tried This things: 1.Finding my system registry 2.Checking in Firefox plugins,addons 3.About:config of firefox also
But i can't get any solution Please help me about how i can remove this problm otherwise i have to work on another browser.
All Replies (2)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
hello gaj0pawar, you can either install the searchreset addon to get rid of the problem or manually reset the page that opens on each new tab.
enter about:config into the firefox location bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up), search for the preference named browser.newtab.url and double-click & change its value to about:blank (the default would be about:newtab which shows thumbnails & links to your most visited pages).