I seem to have multiple installed copies of Firefox, is this OK?
I run Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit. Looking in the Control Panel, I find the following line items:
Mozilla Firefox 15.0 (x86 en-US) 8/28/2012 40.5 MB
Mozilla Firefox 15.0.1 (x86en-US) 9/7/2012 40.6 MB
Mozilla Maintenance Service 9/7/2012 327 KB
Mozilla Thunderbird 15.0.1 (x86 en-US)
Firefox seems to be working OK, and Help About shows version 15.0.1
Shouldn't the update process have automatically deleted the prior version? If I uninstall 15.0 in the control panel will it mess up Firefox? Thanks for any advice!
Modified by AlphaC
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Zoom Launcher
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Logitech Device Detection
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
You only need one version of Firefox. It will be worth backing up your Firefox profile before doing any uninstalling. See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
I imagine you have done manual non standard installs, as Firefox normally updates and removes the previous version.
now see /questions/937282#answer-368956