Other FF icons in my system remain the same as before. Why the green cross. I liked the old icon better.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try to rebuild the Windows icon cache.
- Open the Task Manager (Shift+Ctrl+ESC)
- In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.
- Open the file picker via "File > New Task (Run)" and click the Browse button.
- Type or Paste %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local in the File name field (AppData is a hidden folder).
- Select the IconCache.db file and use "Delete" in the right-click context menu to delete the file.
- After the IconCache.db file has been deleted, start a new explorer.exe process via "File > New Task" to get the desktop and Taskbar back.
Verify in Windows Explorer that you can see the IconCache.db file before doing the above mentioned steps because the IconCache.db file may be a hidden file.
This solution did not work for me. Only the icons for FF on the desktop were affected. Others for FF in my files were not affected, so I merely right clicked the desktop icons, clicked Properties,selected Shortcut tab,clicked Change Icon, and selected the original FF icon, clicked OK. So, I'll call this one solved.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.