every time i try to open gmail.com their comes a dialogue box saying that this is an untrusted connection
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Please Update to the latest Firefox 15.0.1 version.
- Help > About Firefox
The Firefox 12 version that you currently run is no longer supported with security updates
Does that only happen with Gmail?
Check the date and time in the clock on your computer: (double) click the clock icon on the Windows Taskbar.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can also try to rename the cert8.db file in the Firefox profile folder to cert8.db.old or delete the cert8.db file to remove intermediate certificates that Firefox has stored.
If that helped to solve the problem then you can remove the renamed cert8.db.old file.
Otherwise you can rename (or copy) the cert8.db.old file to cert8.db to restore the previous intermediate certificates.
Firefox will automatically store intermediate certificates when you visit websites that send such a certificate.
Can somebody help. I have followed the instructions mentioned... cleaning the cookies and change / rename the cert8.db. but after i can get in to gmail.com... suddenly after a few minutes, the status changed again to untrusted connections. so i have to do again the above mentions steps.. again and again.. this thing drive me crazy.. Is there any perfect solution to this problem?
You can retrieve the certificate and check details like who issued certificates and expiration dates of certificates.
- Click the link at the bottom of the error page: "I Understand the Risks"
Let Firefox retrieve the certificate: "Add Exception" -> "Get Certificate".
- Click the "View..." button and inspect the certificate and check who is the issuer.
You can see more Details like intermediate certificates that are used in the Details pane.
What next? i still can not go in.
Hi Cor el... thanks for the advice, but the problem remain happening.. i could go in for several minutes and then the status back to untrusted.
Hi Cor El, need your help.. same things happen, i cannot access gmail. the certificate when were viewed said that google certificate is not trusted.
I don't know what to do ... even when i click confirm to add exceptions, i could see the front page of the gmail.com, but still cannot go in.
Did you click the View button to inspect the certificate and looked at the details to see who issued the certificate?
Your first screenshot doesn't show the technical details that usually gives a clue.
Dear Cor El,
pls find below the screen shoot of the certificate. up to now the problem were still appear and i could not access my gmail.com
Hi Cor El,
Can you help me? i still cannot go to gmail.com or other google services.
Your screenshot doesn't show who issued this certificate and other details clearly, so I can't tell what is wrong and why there isn't a certificate chain build.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.