I logged into my gmail account
the page opens but it is a blank white screen
my inbox should have appeared
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try the following:
- Type about:config into your address bar, press Enter.
- Accept the warning
- Search for network.http.spdy.enabled.v3. Double click the Result so that it says "False"
- Restart Firefox. does the issue go away?
Thank you Tylerdowner. I followed your instructions and the "network.http.spdy.enabled.v3" was already set to false. I uninstalled Mozilla and reinstalled it and the problem still exists. I have no problem with my gmail using IE9 but my firefox gmail ha sbeen giving me problems for about a week. Could it be that most current upgrade? Maybe I should install the prior upgrade?
Try to Reset Firefox, this fixes many Firefox problems with one click. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Tylerdowner you made my day! Your fix worked! Thank you so much!
I reset firefox to the default settings and my gmail continues to not display properly. The page is cut in half with only a part of my mail headings showing, the rest of the page is a blank
Firefox reset is not something I would want to do often. It did get the gmail login page working again-- but only for a week. Then the same thing happened. So this time, I tried (with some misgivings) the about:config route. It too has worked. But will it last? If it doesn't, I will let this page know.
You can first try some basic steps like these:
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Safe mode fixed the problem. So I closed and restarted Firefox. Then I disabled one of the addons I added last: Adblock Plus. This fixed the problem.
I enabled Adblock Plus again (from tools menu, addons) and then removed a filter preference that I had added manually and incorrectly: mail.google.com - This fixed the problem, and I was able to use Adblock Plus with Gmail. It loaded fine.
I then added the filter preference correctly for Gmail by clicking on the Adblock Plus icon in the status bar, and clicking "disable" from the popup context menu. I was able to use Adblock Plus with Gmail, and allow ads on Gmail. It loaded fine. The filter preference is this: @@||mail.google.com^$document
So the lesson is not to enter filter preferences manually with Adblock Plus.