slow to load pages
When I updated from 14.1?? UP to 15. My pages load slower. BEFORE update. Pages were fast, Have tried against Opera AND Internet Explorer. Both of those load like Firefox USE to. I have tried resetting,tweaking and reinstalling. Same issue. Is there a way to go back to 14? Or can I make 15 better? Like I said. SAME pages with other browsers load at least 30-40% faster.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I updated from 14 up to 15 versions
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Reset...Reinstalled...Tweaked settings. Same thing. Tested speed versus other browsers. Firefox down 30-40%. Running Windows XP home.
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
We are investigating this issue to see if there is indeed a performance degradation between FF 14 and 15. Are you still experiencing this issue? Would you be willing to try some additional troubleshooting steps to help us identify the issue? Please let me know!
When my anitvirus updated it automatically turned on every thing. Finally found that(normally it is off). It helped, but still slower than it was before. Now in the bottom left corner it has the timer/website reading thing showing the whole time page is loading. Never seen that before. As is stands. The 15 version is better now, but still slower than Opera on EXACT pages.
Thanks for coming back to me. Which anti-virus are you talking about? Also, which things did it automatically turn on? You said "everything" but do you have any specifics? This will help us a great deal!
Try disabling Protected Mode in Adobe Flash.
Every thing was email,live scan,firewall(blocked a lot),real time scan and a couple of other things. It came up I had to update my Adobe flash yesterday. It didn't help or hurt anything. It seems to be getting faster. Has the been any updates to Firefox this week? One more thing. IF I have 2 or more tabs (NOT windows)open, I choose to close one. It takes about 5 seconds every time. Example. I click on "X" to close . . . . . closes. It freezes everything UNTIL it closes. I have defrag my PC. Only had 3-4 lines of red. Eveything "opens" faster. But still slightly slow on the browser(Firefox). No spyware/adware. I use Centurylink anti virus (F secure). Never really have virus problems. I run an open router, no fire wall on it. Like I stated. All this started after last update.
I am having exactly the same problem with version 17. Run virus checks, reinstalled firefox, complete PC check, restored PC to older backup. pages load with white screen and bottom left shows message 'Waiting for www.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk' to load. nothing happens, screen remains white. Also issues with playing media files - videos on news sites etc, comes up as white screen.