Bookmark toolbar/back/forward button/refresh button problem.
I'm having multiple problems with firefox, ever since I updated from Firefox 15, to 16. First off, the bookmarks toolbar doesn't show, unless I click uncheck then recheck the view bookmarks toolbar button. Second, I can't use the back/forward and refresh buttons. An lastly, whenever I click on a lnik that usually opens in a new tab, it opens in a new window instead. I've heard that this is a problem with the places.sqlite file in the profile folder of Firefox. I read that to fix this multi symptom problem, I have to delete those places files while firefox is closed, an open firefox. That doesn't do anything but screw up my fastdial bookmarks. All the problems still occur.
How can I fix firefox to work the same as it normally should?
Additional System Details
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Version 184.108.40.20682
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Logitech Device Detection
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Easy and convenient screenshot tool
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Problem solved, turns out that it was an addon that was causing the problem. It was TabMixPlus.