navigation bar disabled
My firefox updated itself (to firefox 16) this morning and since then my session restore doesn't work and my navigation bar is disabled. I can't type in it, it doesn't show the current URL - all it shows is: *go to a website*.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.0 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Google Update
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- Unity Player 3.4.0f5
- Winamp Application Detector
- Nitro PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I had installed several extensions and I thought it may be a problem with one of them so I disabled all of them. But the problem persists.
Maybe your profile got damaged during the update. Do you have a backup? If not, backup what is left of the profile, then remove it and restart Firefox to let it make a new one, then exit Firefox and start copying files from the backup to the new profile, checking frequently to ensure that what you are copying is working.
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.