Firefox 15 not compatible with Norton Tool bar, is there going to be a fix?
When will you fix this problem with Norton's Tool Bar compatability? I use this feature all the time.
Additional System Details
This started when...
I updated to Firefox 15
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.1"
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0-rc
- Photodex Presenter Plugin 4,00,0,2462
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-15-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/791174 try to update your Norton. Also, just so you know, Firefox has it's own built in Phishing protection, so you don't need the Norton Toolbar.
Nothing for Mozilla to fix as it is up to Norton to make their toolbar compatible. Unlike with some antivirus companies, Norton has been making new toolbar updates available on same day or very shorty after a new Firefox release since oh Firefox 5.0 ?.
It was the Norton toolbar extension version you have that was not compatible, not the other way as you misread.
Modified by James
I had Firefox 18 that crashed with Windows 8, and I also had my Norton toolbar. However, I removed 8 and installed back 7 (Windows), and Norton disappeared. Therefore,I went to Firefox 15 and my bar was back. It was back for the past 2 days, and now it is gone, out of the blue. I have the new Comcast Norton 360 and it has been updated - but my bar is gone. I want my bar and it is the only bar for privacy that I trust. I prefer Firefox 18, if I can have it with my Norton bar. Any ideas? I am not able to go to add on's and click onto "enable" because it states that it is incompatible with Firefox 15, therefore, there are no enable or disable buttons. What is going on?
You need to install Firefox 18.0.1.
at the bottom of that posting:
Please note: We now only officially support Firefox 16.0 and above. Firefox 15.x and older are no longer supported. See this announcement for more information.