can not modify a file after attaching it in gmail
I am running firefox 9.0.1 on windows xp pro and after I drag and drop a file to upload in gmail, the file cannot be deleted until I close firefox. I'm on a work computer so I can't update to the latest version of FF. This has been asked before but for previous versions of FF. Also the mail has been sent 10 minutes ago and I still can't delete the file. So the newly composed email has been closed
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I tried to delete a file after uploading it in gmail.
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
This happens every time and should be reproducible.
(You should talk to your IT department about the very real security risks of running such an old version of Firefox, and have them at least switch you to the Enterprise release of Firefox)
Try to follow the directions at Websites look wrong or appear differently than they should, they may help with these issues.