importing profile from version 3.0.15 to current version possible?
Is it possible?I have been told that it is not possible some while ago.Is it now possible ?
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.6.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Classic Java Plug-in 10.6.2 for Netscape and Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15
If you look in your profile folder, do you have any database files with a .sqlite extension? That is the current way that bookmarks and other key data is stored. When this format was first adopted, Firefox automatically migrated the data from the old files into the new files. However, I don't know whether Firefox 14 still does that.
If in doubt, perhaps you could update in three steps: install Firefox 3.5, then 3.6, then 14.0.1.
I'd make a backup of the entire profile folder first.
Then you can get the installers from the FTP server:
Make sure to start and exit Firefox at least once between installs to ensure that all the converters run.