restore thumbnail tabs
My thumbnail tabs were working great until I installed the Mystart toolbar.
I removed the toolbar via add-ons but it still hi-jacked my homepage and page displayed when I opened a new tab. I used the About:config method, described here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/930367#answer-349504 to resolve that problem.
The remaining problem is when I open a new tab, it opens to a blank page just like Firefox used to. I would like the thumbnail option back as I found it very useful.
Hope someone can help!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Use the Firefox reset to fix this - Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
A Reset is swiftest, but if you want to try something more surgical, you might be able to reset the "new tab" back to its default behavior using the about:config preferences editor.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the filter box, type or paste newtab and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the browser.newtab.url preference and enter the desired value:
(i) Page thumbnails (default)
browser.newtab.url = about:newtab
(ii) Blank tab
browser.newtab.url = about:blank
(iii) Built-in Firefox home page
browser.newtab.url = about:home
(iv) Any other page
browser.newtab.url = full URL to the page
Press Ctrl+t to open a new tab and verify that it worked. Fixed?
See also this article about the New Tab page (about:newtab):
The mystart toolbar is known to cause a lot of issues. Using the reset will also get rid of it.
Thanks guys! I did try jscher2000's method but couldn't get it right, so I used reset instead.
Modified by darth_pogo