My Firefox 14 freezes continuously. It's becoming so unstable I can hardly use it. I'm thinking about witching to Google Chrome. Tired olf this!
Firefox has been slower than molasses for some time now, and then recently it's been freezing and hanging continuously. I've really enjoyed this browser and all my add-ons, but I'm really getting sick and tired of the way it's messing everything up.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
slowness for awhile, freezing recently.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.6.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.116
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Unity Player 3.4.2f3
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
My present version of Firefox is 17.0.1. I think that makes it up to date. I always keep it up to date even though I rarely use it.
I don't know about crashes, since I haven't been using it. But another thing that bothered me way back was the amount of time it takes to open. I just opened it to check the version and it took 35 seconds for it to open.