Whenever I access any "tab", enters "22find portal de sites" link as starting page. How can I delete this ? The "Start Icon" > Search does not find anything. (Sorry for poor english - portuguese is my language.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
If you want a blank tab, enter about:config into the address bar, hit the return key on the keyboard, and change this setting:
browser.newtab.url - change to about:blank
Try to reset some preferences to the default with the SearchReset extension:
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Go to Add ons - Extensions and remove Proxy tool (by 22find).
To remove 22find.com do the following:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar in order to open settings page;
- Write “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Write “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Write “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset.