Whenever I access any "tab", enters "22find portal de sites" link as starting page. How can I delete this ? The "Start Icon" > Search does not find anything. (Sorry for poor english - portuguese is my language.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
If you want a blank tab, enter about:config into the address bar, hit the return key on the keyboard, and change this setting:
browser.newtab.url - change to about:blank
Try to reset some preferences to the default with the SearchReset extension:
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Go to Add ons - Extensions and remove Proxy tool (by 22find).
To remove 22find.com do the following:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar in order to open settings page;
- Write “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Write “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Write “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.