Alphabetical/alphabetize all history & bookmarks including Safari imports
On Mac Firefox version 14.0.1, is it possible to alphabetize/view alphabetically all history & bookmarks including Safari imports and if so, how? Thank you!
You should be able to import the text plain version of the exported bookmarks in a spreadsheet program and do the sorting there.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Reader Applicaiton Detector Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Picasa plugin.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
You can use the search bar in the library (Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks) and enter a common symbol like a ":" in the search bar. You can either search the history or the bookmarks.
You can also export the history with this extension:
- History Export: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/history-export/
Then you can import them in another program and sort them there.
You can also export the bookmarks to an HTML file in the library.
This may sound dumb, but so what — I did try & look a bit before posting this — What is a good program to import the History Export file into, in order to be able to sort/alphabetize/find duplicates?
You should be able to import the text plain version of the exported bookmarks in a spreadsheet program and do the sorting there.
Modified by cor-el