The error message I get just says the following:
Sync encountered an error while syncing: The Firefox Sync-server is undergoing maintenance. Sync will automatically resume.
I hope you can help me out.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Maybe your firewall is blocking Firefox from accessing Sync Servers. Try to turn it off for a while to see if that is the source of the problem.
I tried that on two different computers and I rebooted them aswell. It gave me the same error. One of the computers doesnt have any antivirus on either so I don't think it's a firewall problem
Thank you for the fast answer
Remember Windows has a built-in firewall since XP Service Pack 2.
I can set up and use Sync on my computer. Make sure you have set up the official Mozilla server while configuring your Sync account. If you hadn't, Sync may be trying to connect to a non-existent server.
That might sound like a solution. I have no idea how or where I should set up the official Mozilla server. I did disable the built-in firewall.
Could you guide me through setting up the official Mozilla server?
I am not using sync myself at present but I do not see reports that the service is down. Note that you may check the server status with
For Firewall advice see
I think you have to unlink your device from Sync on Firefox/Options/Sync and then configure Sync again making sure Mozilla server is chosen.
If you can't remove Sync settings you can always reset Firefox to do so.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you, that did the trick.
Have a nice day
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.