ReminderFox has disappeared! This morning, both from my laptop and desktop; ReminderFox is missing. Can you suggest how I might restore this vital tool?
When I closed down on Sunday, ReminderFox was working normally; visible in its usual place on the top toolbar.
On booting up this morning, ReminderFox is missing!
So I booted up my desktop. ReminderFox is also missing.
I am lost without ReminderFox
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
You can download again : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/reminderfox/?src=search but the question is how disappear ? do you download something that causes that problem ? strange !
can you see it in add-on area ?
Thanks for your suggestions, however:
1. No, I did not download anything 2. The same problem effects both laptop and desktop, although they are not synchronised
3. ReminderfFox does not appear in the add-on area 4. I have tried going back a week with Restore Point, but the problem remains
5. Is there any way of retrieving the data, or do I have to start again?
I would be grateful for any help or ideas!
Like you, I've done nothing to make it disappear, no new downloads, et cetera. I found I do indeed still have my ReminderFox, it's just that the icon is gone making it a question of how the heck to get to it. If I close and re-open my browser and keep my cursor where the current reminders pop up, I can click there and bring it up! Still no little tied string icon to let me go conveniently there.
I did defrag and do some disk cleaning with AVG last week, but the icon was still there until today, so I doubt that was a factor.
UPDATE: If your problem is the same, go to OPTIONS within Firefox and be sure Add-on bar is checked. This is not the same as going to Add-ons. MY ICON HAS RETURNED!!!