hotmail: 30s delay with lock up when I press "reply"
With Firefox 14.0.1 in Hotmail when I press "reply" on a message then Firefox locks up for about 30s. This happens after the reply message appears but before it fills in the "to" box.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
OK, thanks. I tried all of that. It still does it.
It looks like it's related to a script that fills in the "to" address box.
It seems to be related to the Add On "Microsoft silverlight plugin 4.1.10329.0". I thought that safe mode disabled add ons.
Safe Mode might not disable Plugins, but it definitely disables Extensions.
I just updated Silverlight and that solved the problem for me!