I just updated/installed plugin. Now i keep getting this message when i try to play a video- "Tap here to activate plugin".
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Please check if the plug-in you have installed is up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions.
You may have enabled "click-to-play"
You can check the plugins.click_to_play pref on the about:config page.
I installed latest Shockwave Flash V.271 but now when i try to watch a video i get a message- "Tap here to activate plugins" .
I have the latest Firefox V.14.0.1 Just updated my Windows.
All my add-ons and plugins i checked it is up-to-date.
I did also tried uninstalling and installing the Shockwave Flash plugin still get the message.
No issues when i watch/play video on IE
- In the Firefox address bar, type "about:config" and press "enter".
- A caution box stating "This might void your warranty..." will pop up.
- Select the "I'll be careful. I promise." box by left-clicking your mouse.
- In the search box, type "plugins.click_to_play" and press "enter".
- If the line is present, it should have the boolean value "false".
- If the value is "true", toggle the value to "false" by double-clicking the line.
This resolved my problem. I hope it works for you.
Note: If the line "plugins.click_to_play" is not found, create a new line as follows: Right click on the "about:config" page, select "New", select "Boolean", type "plugins.click_to_play", select "false" and click "OK".
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.