I just updated/installed plugin. Now i keep getting this message when i try to play a video- "Tap here to activate plugin".
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Please check if the plug-in you have installed is up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions.
You may have enabled "click-to-play"
You can check the plugins.click_to_play pref on the about:config page.
I installed latest Shockwave Flash V.271 but now when i try to watch a video i get a message- "Tap here to activate plugins" .
I have the latest Firefox V.14.0.1 Just updated my Windows.
All my add-ons and plugins i checked it is up-to-date.
I did also tried uninstalling and installing the Shockwave Flash plugin still get the message.
No issues when i watch/play video on IE
- In the Firefox address bar, type "about:config" and press "enter".
- A caution box stating "This might void your warranty..." will pop up.
- Select the "I'll be careful. I promise." box by left-clicking your mouse.
- In the search box, type "plugins.click_to_play" and press "enter".
- If the line is present, it should have the boolean value "false".
- If the value is "true", toggle the value to "false" by double-clicking the line.
This resolved my problem. I hope it works for you.
Note: If the line "plugins.click_to_play" is not found, create a new line as follows: Right click on the "about:config" page, select "New", select "Boolean", type "plugins.click_to_play", select "false" and click "OK".