Numerous Firefox Crashing/Freezing Problems w/ YouTube and upon Closing
So today I all of a sudden started having a ton of problems with Firefox. I'm using version 3.6.26 and a few things have gone wrong today.
First off, when watching YouTube videos (usually right as a new video is about to load) my Firefox sometimes freezes and I have to X the program out. This has happened frequently today and only on YouTube videos. I tried using Safe Mode and this still kept happening.
Second off, I keep getting a Crash message whenever I X out Firefox normally. This means that whenever I hit the red X in the top right corner of my browser, a couple of seconds later, I get the message that Firefox has crashed, asking me if I want to send a report. I have no idea why any of this has started randomly happening and it's gotten on my nerves.
Does anyone have a clue what I can do to fix this?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1684
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20120128 Firefox/3.6.26
Firefox 3.6 is old and not supported. FlashPlayer 11.3 is causing many users problems. See my post /questions/934415#answer-359207