I'm having trouble with tabs
I am using Firefox 15.0 and have a few problems. The "go forward one page" and "go back one page" arrows are never highlighted and I can't switch pages except through the use of the "back" button on the keyboard. Also, if I have multiple tabs open, they all indicate the last URL that I opened so there is no way to "reload" the page because the "reload" arrow is not highlighted and I can't click on it.
Also, sometimes my Firefox and/or PC will lock up and when I restart Firefox, it use to reopen the tabs I had open before. Now it just opens my homepage and I lose all the previously opened tabs. It also doesn't remember (when I reopen those tabs) that I was logged in to the site and I have to relog in to every site I open.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
When I first upgraded to 15.0
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.4.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Click the Reset toolbars and controls menu item To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.