What do I do after downloading and extracting Firefox (the application does not start on its own)?
I use Ubuntu and just downloaded the newest Firefox browser. Then, I hit Extract, and it shows me a Firefox folder but nothing inside the folder can be clicked to to open the program.
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.22.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20111028 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.6.17
Also check that you meet the requirements for current Firefox versions.