Close, minimize, maximize, drop down boxes not working
I am running firefox 14.0.1 on windows 7 and all of a sudden the close, minimize, and maximize buttons are unresponsive, and the drop down boxed do not highlight with the mouse, i can however highlight drop down boxes with the arrow keys. I have tried running firefox in safe mode with no luck at all. This is not an issue on IE7 or chrome on my pc. Any help at all wold be great!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I opened firefox
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_32 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1993
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
tried safe mode, no luck
Do you have the Firefox window maximized?
Do the buttons start working if the Window isn't maximized or with the menu bar visible instead of the Firefox button (Firefox > Options > Menu Bar)?