- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Could you see whether a script error is being reported? To do that, try these steps:
- Open a page with images
- Press Ctrl+Shift+j to open the Error Console
- Click the Clear button
- Switch back to the other window and try the Pin It button
- Switch back to the console and check for any errors -- anything there?
I did as you instructed above. When I got to the error console window, there were errors there, I cleared, then went to the window with the item I wanted to pin, clicked on the pin it button, and the same thing happened. This appeared in the cleared error console window.
Timestamp: 8/4/2012 12:07:07 PM Error: TypeError: a.v.firstScript is undefined Source File: http://assets.pinterest.com/js/pinmarklet.js?r=18128691.49179043 Line: 10
To avoid confusion:
Can you post a link to a web page with such a button?
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Thank you. I've uninstalled Java from my computer and have sure all firefox settings are at recommended levels. I've cleared the cache. Now I am going to selectively clear cookies. Here is a page where I can not use the Pinterest button for example http://www.horsekeeping.com/jewelry/pendants/NP407-feather-turq-begay.htm
Here is a page where I can not use the Pinterest button for example http://www.horsekeeping.com/jewelry/p.../NP407-feather-turq-begay.htm
I get the same error on that page. It seem that Pinterest is expecting the page to have at least one script, and the page does not have any. This will need to be fixed by Pinterest. In the meantime, you can inject a blank script element into the page using the Web Console:
- Select and copy the following line of code (it's all one line) to the clipboard
- On the problem page, if you already tried the Pin It button, reload the page
- Press Ctrl+Shift+k to open the Web Console
- Paste the script code into the Web Console next to the caret (>) and press Enter to run it
- You can close the Web Console now and try the Pin It button
Thank you so very much !! I've asked my webmaster to include a script on that page and once he does that and uploads, I'll try it again.
But that definitely seems to be the answer because I checked some other pages which I know have script on them and they work fine..........
Just wanted to say thank you thank you and once I do the test on the new page, I will post again..........
Yippee !! It worked !! Thank you so much for helping me. I'll click the Solved it !!