I got problem by switching loaded tabs. Example, got youtube, gmail and facebook. Everything is fine by switching except when going from youtube to facebook or some other sites. Its so slow when i click on tabs i need to wait like 1 sec to switch to it. I got Win 7 x64 ( updated ). Quad core 3.0 ghz athlon 620... 4 gb ram ddr2... Please help me.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
This can be a problem with bookmarks and history not working properly.
Such problems can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can try to check and repair the places database with this extension:
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
I figured that its because of cache, i got 1024 reserved place for cache and it was filled with random stuff ( 899 mb ) so it was laggy.. I used CCleaner and now its fine :) No extensions or plugins are slowing my FF :)
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.