Firefox crashes - and the crash still happens in Safe Mode
After updating to Firefox 14 it keeps on crashing, without any reason. This has happend sins 14.07.12, and if the problem isnt fiksed soon, I will start using another browser.
Here are the last crahs-reports.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Do you have bit defender installed? and if you disable it, does the problem go away?
All of the crash reports have the same signature, for example:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-17a8195e-d866-4a9b-b3de-7029a2120803 Firefox 14.0.1 Crash Report [@ StrChrIA ]
.... which links to the related bug 530074 NEW --- Crash [@ StrChrIA ] from winsock and shlwapi.dll (LSP, evil *x86.dll module, or BitDefender)
BitDefender security software can cause crashes, particularly in Firefox 14 (Firefox 15, in Beta at time of writing, reportedly crashes much less frequently). A recent BitDefender automatic update should have fixed the problem so, if you use this software, make sure that the relevant BdProvider.dll file is version 188.8.131.526 (or above).
my firefox crashes daily at the same time 2 pm. https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-64adc9e2-53b8-47d5-8989-c59ed2121219 Here is a report
Please start a new thread, this one is several months old and unrelated to your crash.